Monday, April 14, 2014

Writing Journal, 0956.14.4.2014

The first challenge this morning is to write 500 words on a relatively tame bureaucratic document. The document is inescapable, so there's no way out but through. I think the easiest way to add 500 words is to reorganize the work that I have already written--I should reorganize it as a series of "they say" (lit review) and "I say" (thesis description) moves--and then build up the connective tissue. Frankly, I don't think there's much hard thinking to do on this assignment, so the best way to appraise my progress is the word count. (The current wordcount is 1125, so my goal is 1625.) The challenge, and it is a challenge, is to endure the strain of writing. Frankly, I've been lazy about writing in the past few weeks, so this will be an excellent challenge to my staying power. But I know I have these skills; I've written documents like this in the past. In the past I had fewer distractions, but even now, I don't have enough distractions to make this task impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment