Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Writing Journal 1446.16.2.14


Before:
The task for the next half hour is to invent the argument of my Statement of Interest for Preparing Future Faculty.
The task is to write about my reasons to apply for PFF, my teaching experience, and my academic career goals. I think I'll begin by fitting these areas into the rhetorical arrangement: exordium (my academic career goals); narratio (my teaching experience); and confirmatio (my reasons to apply for PFF). I'll measure my progress by the degree to which I've filled out each claim and connected it to the next. I see that the challenge will be to construct a model of the audience. But I believe my skill is to write clearly and effectively towards a known goal.
After:
I wrote 140 words. The narratio covers my limited background and relates that to the schools I want to see. I don't think it's very flashy, but it's meaty. The one trick was when I pulled a list of target activities from the PFF informational sheet.

No comments:

Post a Comment